DAMN that was some exciting trivia. Double Trouble (formally Double Fault) jumped out to an early lead thanks to their knowledge of scary book authors, but they just couldn’t hold it.
Google Santorum took Round 2 (“Boo”) but was still behind Maple Leif Eriksons* and Occupy Maddy’s, who were tied for first in the overall standings.
The Regulars** moved into a tie for first with Fool Me Twice after a stellar Name that Candy Round 3. But cold they hold on? The answer is yes. Team LAM took the last round but Regulars knew just enough scary movie taglines to hold on to the lead and bring home the $50 prize (which of course immediately went towards shots).
Last place went to Raising Euro Zone who earned everyone’s favorite Halloween candy, raisins.
Full Results and prize distribution below.
Round 1: Candy corn OR Glow in the dark witch PEZ dispenser
Double Fault went with the candy corn (did i mention the PEZ dispenser was glow in the dark?)
Round 2: Witch PEZ OR strobe light thingy for your pumpkin
Google Santorum took the PEZ.
Round 3: Stobe light OR big bag of M&Ms OR a copy of Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga in paperback that I got from CVS.
Of course, the M&Ms.
Round 4: Strobe light or Breaking Dawn.
Team LAM (bunch of chicks) took the Twilight book.
It's SCARY how low these scores were.
*I was wearing a Viking helmet. And I’m Canadian. So very clever.
**Just to be clear, these guys are regular drinkers, not regular thinkers. So congrats to them.
These little guys made up the second half of Round 4 of my extra special Halloween trivia at Maddy’s. Name the movie that goes along with the tagline. We don’t mess around in Round 4 so these are tough. For realzies.
Answers are below the answer to number 1.
You can also find the answers to the super awesome picture round.
- They’re here!
- Every puzzle has it’s pieces.
- Heads Will Roll
- When there’s no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.
- Get a load of Chucky
- Man is the warmest place to hide.
- Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.
- Be afraid. Be very afraid.
- Unspeakable horrors from outer space paralyze the living and resurrect the dead!
- When you can’t breathe you can’t scream.
- Death is no way to make a living!
- Herbert West has a very good head on his shoulders…and another one in a dish on his desk.
(Poltergeist)(Saw) (Sleepy Hollow)(Dawn of the Dead) (Seed of Chucky)(The Thing) (Army of Darkness)(The Fly)(Plan 9 from Outer Space)(Anaconda)(Frighteners)(Re-animator)
Picture Round Answers: SNickers, BAby Ruth, Mike & Ike, ReEse’s, Tootsie roll, Heath, StArburst, SkiTtles, Coffee Crisp, Airheads, Good & PleNty, NerDs, Milky WaY, Oh Henry!
These set of questions took up Round 2 of last night’s Not-So-Scary-Halloween-Trivia-a-go-go at Maddy’s. The answers are below Boo.
UPDATE: You’re also going to want to check out Part II and III.
- (Literature) What literary work features the reclusive neighbor Arthur “Boo” Radley?
- (The Internets) With over 5 million views on YouTube, Boo, “the world’s cutest dog” is this breed, named for a region Central Europe.
- (Music) What two artists recorded the R&B duet “My Boo” in 2004?
- (Sports) Curley “Boo” Johnson played 18 seasons from 1988 to 2007 for what basketball team?
- (Movies) In the Disney Pixar film Monsters Inc. Sully’s nickname for the little girl is “Boo”; what is the nickname that Boo has for Sully?
- (Famous Figures) Which one of the members of the Travelling Willburys was known as “Boo Willbury”?
What ARE you??
(To Kill a Mockingbird)(Pomeranian)(Usher and Alicia Keys)(Harlem Globetrotters)(Kitty)(Bob Dylan)
Here’s the Picture Round from last night’s spooktacular Halloween-themed trivia at Maddy’s. It’s harder than it looks, folks. Teams had an average of 10 out of 15. Think you can beat that?
Check out the answers in Part III – “Scary Movie Taglines”.
Knox Guilty jumped out to an early lead thanks to their knowledge of the Shift key, but it was all downhill for them (and everyone else) in what turned out to be statistically the hardest Round 2 in the history of Maddy’s trivia night. Amanda Knox Boots and Kills breezed through the Columbus Day-themed third round and just couldn’t be caught in final showdown.
Full results below. Make sure to come out and see us next week!
This was the picture round last week at Maddy’s (which accompanied Round 3’s Columbus Day Trivia) . In case you were unaware, there is a director/writer/producer named Chris Columbus. He’s been credited to all these movies below. See how many you can name (and be SPECIFIC for J)! Check IMDB for the answers.
Comment below if you really can't figure them out.
I hope you were like me and got off work today. Or like Josh who “has off everyday”. To celebrate, here’s the Columbus Day trivia that made up Round 3 last week (and one from Round 4). Also make sure to check out the accompanying “IMDB Chris Columbus” picture round. Answers are below Columbus.
- (Geography) In what European city can you find Christoforo Colombo international airport?
- (Television) With notable big screen roles in The Princess Bride and The In-Laws, what actor played homicide detective Lieutenant Columbo during the 1970s and 80s (and 90s and 200os)?
- (Sports) The Columbus Blue Jackets entered the NHL in the year 2000 with what other franchise?
- (Holidays) Translated as “Day of the Race” (as in Day of the Hispanic people), countries in Latin America celebrate this holiday en lieu of Columbus Day.
- (Everyone Knows..) Everyone knows that La Nina was one of the three ships used by Columbus on his first voyage. What you may not know is that Nina was just a nickname for the boat, named after its owner Juan Nino. What was the actual name of La Nina?
- (Explorers) In 1513, what Spanish explorer and conquistador became the first European to see the Pacific Ocean from the New World, after traversing Panama?
I'll take it!
(Genoa, Italy)(Peter Falk)(Minnesota Wild)(Dia de la Raza)(Santa Clara)(Vasco Nunez de Balboa)