If you’re a fan of Harry Potter, these trivia questions aren’t necessarily for you. But they’re still awesome. And don’t forgot to check out the accompanying “Harry Potter” picture round.
- (Chamber of Secrets) The burial chamber of the tomb of King Tut remained a secret until this archaeologist discovered it in 1922.
- (Prisoner of Azkaban) Just like Sirius Black, protagonist Edmond Dantes was unjustly imprisoned for 14 years in this famous book?
- (Goblet of Fire) Originally concocted by Homer Simpson, what is the secret ingredient in a Flaming Moe?
- (Order of the Phoenix) Violent criminal Simon Phoenix brings chaos to order in this 1993 movie set 40 years into the future in the city of San Angeles.
- (Half-Blood Prince) Danny Elfman wrote the score to this 1989 film, but Prince wrote the soundtrack album.
Answers below the bump.
ANSWERS!! DON’T CHEAT!!!
(Howard Carter)(The Count of Monte Cristo)(Krusty Brand Children’s Cough Syrup) (Demolition Man)(Batman)
Couldn’t make it to trivia on Wednesday? Here’s what you missed. Slacker.
Mrs. Murdoch’s Pie and Pie in the BskyB jumped out to an early lead thanks to their knowledge of historical figures that met Bill and Ted. It was a whole new ballgame after Round 3’s picture round, with Birds of War and Better Off Debt ending up out front in a 70-point tie. But it was all Birds of War in the last round with a perfect run at sports team nicknames, edging out Mrs. Murdoch’s Pie to take home the $50 prize.
Three teams hit the century mark. Not too shabby.
You don’t actually need to be American to answer these RED WHITE & BLUE trivia questions. Each answer is worth 1776 points. Good luck!
1. (Movies) As a member of Red Squadron, Red 5 was this movie character’s call sign.
2. (Sports) Head coach and eventual front office executive Red Auerbach was instrumental in the success of what NBA team?
3. (Music Videos) What was the name of the actress that appeared in white lingerie on the hood of a Jaguar in Whitesnake’s music video for the song Here I Go Again?
4. (Fictional Characters) Perry White is the Editor-In-Chief of what fictional newspaper?
5. (Military) What type of fighter jets are currently used by the Navy’s flight demonstration squadron known as the Blue Angels a) Skyhawk b)Hornet c)Tigerhawk d) Phantom
BONUS CANADIAN EDITION OF RWB TRIVIA! (Happy belated Canada Day!)
1. (Music) What rock band released the song Red Barchetta in 1981 about a not-so-distant future where traditional motorized vehicles are outlawed?
2. (Movies) Taking place in Canada’s Yukon Territory, the 1991 movie adaptation of Jack London’s White Fang starred this actor.
3. (Television) “The Great White North” was the title of a TV sketch and a comedy album by these two fictional Canadian brothers.
4. (Sports) What city, which recently made headlines in the sports world, is home to the Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football league?
5. (Food and Drink) The Canadian beer brand Labatt Blue officially became part of the Anheuser-Busch family when Anheuser-Busch was purchased by this company in 2008.
Answers below the bump.
(Luke Skywalker)(Boston Celtics)(Tawney Kitaen)(Daily Planet)(Hornet)(Rush)(Ethan Hawke)(Bob and Doug McKenzie)(Winnipeg)(InBev)