Today’s edition of Friday Leftovers is dedicated to SayKNOWToTrivia’s babe of the week, Kate Middleton. For each correct answer, you get 1776 points. Good luck! Answers below the flaming Queen.
- (Disease) What disease did Queen Victoria pass on to several of her decedents, earning the nickname the “Royal Disease?
- (Sports) What Kansas City Royals All-Star and member of the 3,000 hit club has a section of their Wikipedia page labeled “The Pine Tar Incident”?
- (Movies) What was the name of the movie that introduced the “Royale with Cheese” to popular culture in 1994? (BONUS: Name the two CHARACTERS involved in that conversation)
- (History) Incorporated by British royal charter in 1670 as a fur trading business, this is the oldest commercial corporation in North America and even functioned as the de facto government in parts of North America before claims by Europeans and the United States.
- (Foreign Countries) Prince William and Kate Middleton became engaged in October of 2010, during a 10 day trip in what country?
SUPER ROYAL BONUS!! Since 1707 when the Kingdom of England merged with the Kingdom of Scotland, there have been 12 monarchs of Great Britain and the United Kingdom. For 12 points each, NAME ALL 12!!
(Hemophilia)(George Brett)(Pulp Fiction/Jules+Vincent)(Hudson’s Bay Company)(Kenya)
BONUS: Anne, George I, George II, George III, George IV, William IV, Victoria, Edward VII, George V, Edward VIII, George IV, Elizabeth II
Come out to Maddy’s Bar & Grille tonight for some bar trivia. It. Will. Blow. Your. MIND! Or something. I’ve mostly got leftover Easter questions for you because they canceled on me last week and I couldn’t use them. Also, some royal stuff for that wedding on on Friday. Winner gets 50 bar dollars and last place gets something crappy. But it is something!
Here’s a warm up Trivial Pursuit card. See you tonight!
Come to Maddy's tonight for the answers!
It’s Monday so we’re going back to school. I name the TV high school, you name the TV show. Got it? Good. I’ll give you 3.14 points for each correct answers, which you can check out below. Good luck!
- Bayside High School
- Capeside High School
- John Adams High School
- The Harbor School
- Sunnydale High School
- Lawndale High School
- Eastland Boarding School
- James Woods High School
- Dillon High
- William McKinley High
- James Buchanan High
- Flatpoint High School
I encourange you to watch this.
ANSWERS!! (Don’t let the teacher catch you cheating!)
(Saved by the Bell)(Dawson’s Creek)(Boy Meets World)(The OC)(Buffy the Vampire Slayer)(Daria)(The Facts of Life) (Family Guy)(Friday Night Lights)(Glee and Freaks & Geeks)(Welcome Back, Kotter)(Strangers with Candy)
Unfortunately I got bumped yet again for the Caps game last night so I couldn’t do this live on 4/20 as planned , but that doesn’t mean you still can’t enjoy it! HOPEFULLY I’ll see you next week.
Answers are below the happy Easter Egg.
The first five questions are in the SayKNOWtoTrivia-style and the next 7 are much more direct (major props to MC Dubs for using his procrastination time on those instead of his usual Facebook stalking and reading every single article on ESPN.com)
- (Sports) American Dick Fosbury revolutionized this Olympic event while winning the Gold Medal in 1968?
- (Food & Drink) What dessert consisting of ice cream, sponge cake and meringue, was called a Norwegian Omelette until 1876?
- (Literature/Spoiler Alert) In Shirley Jackson’s short story “The Lottery”, in which a lottery decides which member of a small American community is ritually sacrificed each year, how does the lottery winner die?
- (Snacks) What is the name of the Frito Lay product that traditionally features Doritos, Cheetos, Sun Chips and Rold Gold Pretzels?
- (Fun with numbers) What is the smallest number divisible by the numbers 1 through 7?
- (Movies) What movie features rapping duo
Ice Cube Redman and Method Man as stoners who go to Harvard?
- (TV) What actor from the TV show “Gillian’s Island” was arrested in 1998 after he signed for a FedEx delivery of 2 ounces of marijuana?
- (Music) What song by ska-punk band Sublime contains the lyrics ‘i don’t get angry when my smokes pot’?
- (Music) What 1970s American rock band release this hit single “what a fool believes,” which reached #1 in the Billboard 100 on April 14, 1979?
- (Sports) What former heavyweight boxing champion tested positive for marijuana after his fight with Andrew Golota?
- (Music) What Bob Marley and the Wailers album cover features a picture of Bob Marley smoking a huge joint?
- (Movies) What actor played a pot head named Floyd in the 1993 movie, “True Romance”?
(High Jump) (Baked Alaska)(Stoned to death)(Munchies)(420)(How High)(Bob Denver) (What I Got)(The Doobie Brothers)(Mike Tyson)(Catch a Fire)(Brad Pitt)
In case you missed it this morning, or haven’t yet jumped on the podcast, here’s trivia master Jayson Stark’s latest gem:
“Here’s that @MikeandMike trivia: 3 active players have won an MVP award while playing shortstop. Can you name them?”
According to Stark, this was one of the easiest questions ever. So no luck needed!
Also, we have a BONUS question from his Rumblings & Grumblings column:
“Today’s Rumblings trivia: Chipper Jones just scored 1500th run for #Braves. Name 5 other active players with 1,000+ runs, all for one team”
As per usual, answers are below the Answer Cow.
My favorite baseball player is Moo Vaughn.
mike&mike: (Jimmy Rollins)(Miguel Tejada)(Alex Rodriguez)
Rumblings: Derek Jeter (1,694) for the Yankees, Todd Helton (1,275) for the Rockies, Albert Pujols (1,198) for the Cardinals, Ichiro Suzuki (1,054) for the Mariners and Jimmy Rollins (1,003) for the Phillies.
Just in case you didn’t check in on April 16th and didn’t unlock a cool new badge from Foursquare, I’m here to tell you that you missed Foursquare Day (aka 4/16 aka 4/4^2). In honor of such a social event, I want you to complete the square. I’ll list 3 members of a famous foursome and you tell me what I’m missing. Cool? Ok Cool. 16 points for each correct answer.
- Blanche, Dorothy, Sofia
- Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm
- Strings, brass, percussion
- Conquest, Famine, Death
- Michael Nesmith, Peter Tork, Micky Dolenz
- Swords, Cups, Coins
- Io, Ganymede, Callisto
- Godric Gryffindor, Salazar Slytherin, Rowena Ravenclaw
- Weak interaction, strong interaction, electromagnetism
- Conservatory, Kitchen, Study
- 3 Ninjas, 3 Ninjas Kick Back, 3 Ninjas Knuckle Up
- SPECIAL RUSH BONUS: The Enemy Within, The Weapon, Freeze
Answers below the foursquano.
(Rose)(Ben Grimm)(Woodwinds)(War)(Davy Jones)(Wands or Staves) (Europa)(Helga Hufflepuff)(gravity)(Lounge) (Witch Hunt)(3 Ninjas: High Noon at Mega Mountain)
Sorry, no team trivia recap today. A certain bar neglected to tell a certain quizmaster that he was bumped for a highly anticipated big crowd for game 1 of the Caps playoffs. Joke was on them though when about 4 die hard Caps fans ended up showing up. But I digress. Here’s a classic Trivial Pursuit card to hold you over.
No peaking at the back of the card!
(The Netherlands)(Five)(March 15, or the Ides of March)(The Three Musketeers)(Resistance)(Potato)