In case you couldn’t make it to Maddy’s last Wednesday, here’s a sampling of the quiz. But don’t let it happen again! We’re back on TONIGHT at 7:30 — Maddy’s Bar & Grill – 1726 Connecticut NW, Washington DC. SEE YOU THERE
- (Television) NBC has approved a pilot for a new Wonder Woman TV show produced by David E. Kelly. What was the name of the actress that played Wonder Woman in the original 1970s series?
- (Geography) In what country can you find Angel Falls, the world’s tallest waterfall at 3,200 feet?
- (Famous Furry Animals) The subject of an animal-rights controversy in 2007, Knut the polar bear tragically died this past weekend after gaining celebrity status in what European city’s zoo?
- (History) Lead by the Righteous Fists of Harmony, what was the name given to the movement that occurred in China at the turn of the 20th century that opposed Western imperialism and Christianity?
- (Famous Figures) In 1991, Elizabeth Taylor was married for the 8th and final time to construction worker Larry Fortensky on what celebrity’s property?
- (Movies) What was the name of horse in the 1944 Elizabeth Taylor film National Velvet?
- (Military History) What is the term for the ritual suicide by disembowelment that Japanese Samurai practiced in order to die with honor?
- (Music) What is the collective name for the musical collaboration between rapper Cee Lo Green and DJ Danger Mouse, which up until recently I thought was a single individual?
- (Sports History) The New York Yankees team logo as we know it today was first adopted in 1909 and is based on an 1877 design by what company, who first used it on a medal of honor issued to the first NYC police officer shot in the line of duty.
(Lynda Carter)(Venezuela)(Berlin)(Boxer Rebellion)(Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch) (Pie) (Seppuku or Harakiri) (Gnarls Barkley) (Tiffany’s & Co)